- 16 center-cut bacon strips
- 32 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 32 blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each date, being careful not to cut through completely. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon cheese and 1 almond. Wrap with 1 piece bacon; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Brush tops with honey. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Dates
Sort By :
Made these for a party. They were the first things gone. People loved them and talked about them the next week! I'm not sure the almonds inside are necessary. If you really like almonds, go ahead, but the cheese and bacon are what make these dates! A keeper.