Each bite of these simple baked appetizers is an explosion of tastes and textures. You’ll get crunchy almonds, soft dates, salty bacon, creamy blue cheese and sweet honey.
- 16 center-cut bacon strips
- 32 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 32 blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each date, being careful not to cut through completely. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon cheese and 1 almond. Wrap with 1 piece bacon; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Brush tops with honey. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Dates in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p13
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Dates
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review