Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Dates Recipe
Each bite of these simple baked appetizers is an explosion of tastes and textures. You’ll get crunchy almonds, soft dates, salty bacon, creamy blue cheese and sweet honey.
- 16 center-cut bacon strips
- 32 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 32 blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each date, being careful not to cut through completely. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon cheese and 1 almond. Wrap with 1 piece bacon; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Brush tops with honey. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Dates in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Dates(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bacon-Wrapped Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >