Bacon-Wrapped Cajun Jalapenos
These peppers are so addictive that if I want any for myself, I either need to make a double batch or hide some. The jalapenos are not that spicy after they are baked (I take out the seeds and white membrane), but have a wonderful flavor. —Linda Foreman (field editor), Locust Grove,
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a
- small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Cajun
- seasoning. Stuff about 1-1/2 teaspoons into each pepper half.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon
- until partially cooked but not crisp. Wrap a bacon piece around each
- pepper; secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a wire rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Discard
- toothpicks. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 58 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.