- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Cajun seasoning. Stuff about 1-1/2 teaspoons into each pepper half.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon until partially cooked but not crisp. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a wire rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Discard toothpicks. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Cajun Jalapenos
Sort By :
"Seriously...I've been making these for years and can't believe I never "reviewed" them. Fabulous...no changes. I have impressed MANY people with these. My dad has tried to "improve" them but has not won that attempt. I will say this...I use more cheese than called for AND I don't waste my time wrapping them with bacon. I place a cooling cookie rack on top of a cookie sheet with sides. The peppers fit nicely in those little grooves and this will prevent them from rolling around. I then PLACE a piece of bacon across the top. It's perfectly fine! Who has time to wrap when people are hovering over you begging for them? OH! And yes, I've done them on the grill too. They came out better in the oven because it was just controlled better. The grill cooked them much faster and I started losing the cheese. I like the nice and neat cookie sheet method. ;-) PERFECT!"
"These are incredibly delicious. When I make these again I will add a little more cream cheese (we did have really large jalapenos though). Absolutely loved them."
"its hard to go wrong with cheese, jalapeno, & bacon"
"Loved these! Easy to put together. Great flavor, but not too spicy after cooking."
"These are so easy to make and very delicious!"