"I first tried this at a restaurant and the owner was kind enough to share the recipe. The first time I made this for my family, not a crumb was left and everyone was asking for more!"
Wendy Domres, West Bend, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 bacon strips
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Wrap a bacon strip around each breadstick; place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cheese and garlic powder. Roll warm
- breadsticks in cheese mixture. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 breadstick equals 189 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.