My family loves these spruced-up hamburgers all year long. Bacon gives extra flavor to the meat and adds a pleasing twist. The patties are equally good with or without the bun. —Jody Bahler, Wolcott, Indiana
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 10 bacon strips
- 10 hamburger buns, split, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into ten 3/4-in.-thick patties. Wrap each patty with a bacon strip; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Beef Patties in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p210
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Beef Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review