Bacon-Wrapped Beef Filets
Beef fillets add a bit of elegance to a casual festive feast. Best of all, they are easy on the cook because they take mere minutes to prepare.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 bacon strips
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1 to 1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- Place six bacon strips at a time, on a microwave-safe plate lined
- with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high
- for 2-3 minutes or until partially cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine the sage, rosemary, savory, pepper and salt;
- rub over steaks. Wrap two strips of bacon around sides of steaks and
- secure with toothpicks.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.