"My husband and I grill dinner almost every night, and I love grilling asparagus for a side dish," relates Patricia Kitts of Dickinson, Texas. "I serve these bacon-wrapped spears with grilled meat and sliced fresh tomatoes for a wonderful meal."
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 bacon strips, halved lengthwise
- Place asparagus on a sheet of waxed paper; coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with pepper; turn to coat. Wrap a bacon piece around each
- spear; secure ends with toothpicks.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or
- until bacon is crisp. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 each) equals 222 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.