These sweet and slightly smoky snacks are easy to eat, so be prepared with an extra batch. For a change, sprinkle them with a bit of Blue cheese or toasted almonds. —Tammie Floyd, Plano, Texas
- 8 maple-flavored bacon strips
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Cut bacon strips widthwise into thirds. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Wrap a bacon piece around each apricot; secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey and mustard. Serve with warm apricot bites. Yield: about 2 dozen (2/3 cup sauce).
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Apricot Bites in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p74
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Apricot Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review