Bacon-Wrapped Apricot Bites Recipe
- 8 maple-flavored bacon strips
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. Cut bacon strips widthwise into thirds. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Wrap a bacon piece around each apricot; secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey and mustard. Serve with warm apricot bites. Yield: about 2 dozen (2/3 cup sauce).
1 appetizer with about 1 teaspoon sauce equals 47 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.