Bacon-Wrapped Appetizers Recipe
“These are always a hit at birthdays and Christmas,” writes Nancy Harrold of Broken Bow, Nebraska. Water chestnuts lend a wonderful and unexpected crunch to any party, while the pineapple's sweetness is perfect with sweet-and-sour sauce.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1. Cut each slice of bacon in half widthwise. Wrap a strip around each chestnut or pineapple chunk; secure with toothpicks. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 25-35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- 2. Pour sweet-and-sour sauce into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with appetizers. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 45 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC