Bacon-Wrapped Appetizers Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- Cut each slice of bacon in half widthwise. Wrap a strip around each chestnut or pineapple chunk; secure with toothpicks. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 25-35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Pour sweet-and-sour sauce into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with appetizers. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Appetizers(7)
Sort By :
This recipe is good but I tend to like less sweet and sour. I make mine with a cup of ketchup and a half a cup sugar mixed, add in some sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic powder for an Asian taste. Have made it for years (at least 30) and my family adores it. Yet to find someone who does not like it.
Another great bacon wrapped appetizer is olives! Place the olives in a bowl of water in the fridge for a few hours (because the tend to be salty and so is the bacon). My husband hates olives and even he eats these.
I make little smokies & whole chestnuts wrapped in bacon,rolled in brown sugar & baked at 350* for years their great,everyone loves them.
I made this for a birthday dinner this past weekend and everyone loved it. Very easy. I only made it with the pineapple as I had such a large can of pineapple chunks. I also did not serve it with the dipping sauce as I forgot to purchase it. I didn't hear any complaints. Will definitely make it again.
Juicy prunes and dates are also nice wrapped in bacon and grilled. I've also had them stuffed with cheeses and wrapped in bacon .
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bacon-Wrapped Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >