“These are always a hit at birthdays and Christmas,” writes Nancy Harrold of Broken Bow, Nebraska. Water chestnuts lend a wonderful and unexpected crunch to any party, while the pineapple's sweetness is perfect with sweet-and-sour sauce.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- Cut each slice of bacon in half widthwise. Wrap a strip around each chestnut or pineapple chunk; secure with toothpicks. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 25-35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Pour sweet-and-sour sauce into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with appetizers. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Appetizers in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p12
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review