Bacon Water Chestnut Wraps
The holidays around the house just wouldn't be the same without these classic wraps. Through the years, Christmas Eve guests have proven it's impossible to eat just one. —Laura Mahaffey, Annapolis, Maryland
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- Cut bacon strips in half. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook
- bacon until almost crisp; drain. Wrap each bacon piece around a
- water chestnut and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mayonnaise and chili sauce;
- pour over water chestnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30
- minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 225 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.