- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- Cut bacon strips in half. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until almost crisp; drain. Wrap each bacon piece around a water chestnut and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mayonnaise and chili sauce; pour over water chestnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon Water Chestnut Wraps
"Here in Canada we've always used maple syrup drizzled over them then baked...they're addictive! I will try this recipe for a change of pace, thank you!"
"Taken this to several parties and it is always the first to go! Love it!"
"My daughter made these at Christmas. I was amazed at the great flavor! Not like anything I've ever had before!"
"my family over Thanksgiving gobbled these up. I even made a double batch"
"I served these last night at a New Year's Eve party we hosted. I partially cooked the bacon in the microwave, using paper towel to absorb some of the excess grease and maybe reduce the fat content a bit. They were delicious. You could assemble these ahead of time and refrigerate for a couple of hours; just remember to add a few minutes to the baking time when you do pop them into the oven. After they were done, I kept them warm by placing them in a crock pot and pouring the sauce over the top. I easily halved the recipe and, for variety, used the other strips of bacon to wrap around little smokies, sprinkled those with brown sugar and baked them in the oven at the same time as water chestnuts. Nice variety on the buffet table!"
"We've been making these for years. People are always shocked by what they are, but they love them. They can be addictive. Party staple."
"I really like these. Great appetizer."
"Made these for a group. They were delicious."
"i just made this for Easter. everyone LOVED them. they are so easy to make and so delicious. everyone said they wanted me to make these again! it is impossible to eat just one!!"