- 1 pound bacon strips
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- Cut bacon strips in half. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until almost crisp; drain. Wrap each bacon piece around a water chestnut and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mayonnaise and chili sauce; pour over water chestnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon Water Chestnut Wraps
Sort By :
My daughter made these at Christmas. I was amazed at the great flavor! Not like anything I've ever had before!
my family over thanksgiving gobbled these up. I even made a double batch
I served these last night at a New Year's Eve party we hosted. I partially cooked the bacon in the microwave, using paper towel to absorb some of the excess grease and maybe reduce the fat content a bit. They were delicious. You could assemble these ahead of time and refrigerate for a couple of hours; just remember to add a few minutes to the baking time when you do pop them into the oven. After they were done, I kept them warm by placing them in a crock pot and pouring the sauce over the top. I easily halved the recipe and, for variety, used the other strips of bacon to wrap around little smokies, sprinkled those with brown sugar and baked them in the oven at the same time as water chestnuts. Nice variety on the buffet table!
Very good had it once before and it is delicious
We've been making these for years. People are always shocked by what they are, but they love them. They can be addictive. Party staple.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bacon-Wrapped Appetizers >
- Bacon-Wrapped Chestnuts >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >