My husband saw these appealing waffles on a television cooking show and decided to try them himself. The whole family enjoyed the combination of flavors, and I enjoyed the time off from cooking!
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain; crumble and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat
- egg yolks, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Add bacon.
- Before making each waffle, stir batter. Bake in a preheated waffle
- iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.