My husband and I are missionaries in the Sierra Madre Mountains of Mexico. This is a variation of a dish the locals make when zucchini is in season.—Sharon Wingo, El Paso, Texas
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the drippings, cook zucchini, onion, jalapeno, tomato and bouillon for 5-10 minutes or until zucchini is almost tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Spoon down the center of tortillas and roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Veggie Roll-Ups in Country Woman September/October 2000, p35
Reviews for Bacon Veggie Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review