- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Reduce oven to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms, broccoli and onion in oil until tender. Add spinach; cook until wilted.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables, cheddar cheese and bacon. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 375°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Vegetable Quiche
"I made exactly as recipe was wrote, excellent! Will definitely make again."
"I didn't put all the broccoli or the onion and added more bacon and cheese. But everybody loved it."
"Excellent Quiche. I used goat cheese instead of feta because it's what I had. Worked out great. I made my own crust mixing the flour half wheat. I will definitely make again"
"This quiche was excellent! The flavor combinations were great. My honey very much enjoyed and wanted thirds. The only changes I made to this recipe was not including the broccoli and feta cheese and I substituted Italian mixed shredded cheese for the cheddar. It turned out so good."
"great and versatile with subs. fun quiche1"