Bacon adds a nice smoky flavor to the healthful frozen veggie mix we dressed up in a little parsley and garlic. A versatile a special side from our Test Kitchen.
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place vegetables and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 13-15 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Vegetable Medley in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p24
Reviews for Bacon Vegetable Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review