Bacon Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
This versatile classic from Debbie Jones of California, Maryland has a rich filling enhanced with onions and chives. “These scrumptious potatoes can be the main course, or a side. Either way, they‘re tasty!“
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, bacon, onion, chives, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup cheese. Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 329 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein .
Reviews for Bacon Twice-Baked Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC