Bacon-Topped Venison Meat Loaf
I caught my fiance eating this meat loaf cold, right out of the fridge! He encouraged me to send in the recipe. If you have a deer hunter in the family, be sure to give this a try.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 bacon strips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble venison
- and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a
- greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with bacon strips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 352 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.