- 2 eggs
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 bacon strips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble venison and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with bacon strips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Topped Venison Meat Loaf
"Winner!! Finally a new way to serve ground venison that is not an Italian meat sauce or iin chili (although we love them). I used the last of my ketchup in the meat loaf, so served with bar-b-que on the side. It was fabulous! I will be making this again."
"This was the best meatloaf recipe I have ever had in my life,,,,My husband really does not like game,,but he couldn't even tell the difference,,,,this is now in my recipe box and I will make it many many more times"
"This is my favorite way to make Venison. Its so good. Hides all the game flavor."
"Very easy and tasty. I used 2 lbs venison ground with bacon. It worked very well."
"My family loves this meatloaf. It has such a wonderful taste. Those who don't like venison will never know that it is not beef."