Bacon-Topped Venison Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 bacon strips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble venison and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with bacon strips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Topped Venison Meat Loaf(2)
Sort By :
This was the best meatloaf recipe I have ever had in my life,,,,My husband really does not like game,,but he couldn't even tell the difference,,,,this is now in my recipe box and I will make it many many more times
This is my favorite way to make Venison. Its so good. Hides all the game flavor.