Bacon-Topped Mini Meat Loaves
All the savory deliciousness of mom’s meat loaf in single-size servings! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 bacon strips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until partially cooked
- but not crisp. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, carrots, green pepper,
- crackers, 1/2 cup cheese, onion and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into five loaves. Arrange around the edge of a microwave-safe
- deep-dish pie plate; top each with a strip of bacon.
- Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no