Bacon-Topped Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Topped Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"Made this last night ....fabulous....added 1/4 cup chilli sauce and 1/4 cup kecup Manis instead of 1/2 cup chilli sauce ......and extra to glaze as it cooked .....it was amazing"
"This was a great meatloaf. My children don't like meatloaf but with this recipe there was no leftovers. We will definatley make this one again. I didn't have breadcrumbs so I crushed up onion garlic croutons. This had a great flavor."
"This is the ONLY meatloaf my family will let me make now!"
"I did not have Worcestershire or chili sauce so I substituted taco sauce. I also doubled the bacon. It was myh best meatloaf ever."
"Good directions. I didn't have chili sauce so I substituted taco sauce and since I didn't have the Worcestershire sauce I had to skip that ingredient. I doubled the bacon. It was fantastic"