- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Topped Meat Loaf
"This is the only meatloaf I'll eat!"
"It was absolutely delicious (and I am not a fan of meatloaf!) My family loved it...The only change I made was that I used a "meatloaf mix" (pork, beef and veal ground). I made it a couple of weeks ago...and froze it for a night that I would not have time to cook. It was perfect. There was enough left for one lunch tomorrow! (Make sure you drain out the grease and let it settle so the slices don't fall apart when you are about to serve.)"
"Good flavor and good texture."
"This meatloaf was easy to make and was tasty, but we found this meatloaf so greasy. Maybe using a meatloaf pan that removes the grease as it bakes would help, but this is one recipe that I can only make every so often as a treat."
"I LOVE meat loaf, this one is great!! Invest in a meat loaf pan ( 2 piece w/the tray where the meat loaf sits ) they are worth their weight in gold. No more meat loaf sitting in grease."
"Made this last night ....fabulous....added 1/4 cup chilli sauce and 1/4 cup kecup Manis instead of 1/2 cup chilli sauce ......and extra to glaze as it cooked .....it was amazing"
"This was a great meatloaf. My children don't like meatloaf but with this recipe there was no leftovers. We will definatley make this one again. I didn't have breadcrumbs so I crushed up onion garlic croutons. This had a great flavor."