- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Topped Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"Good flavor and good texture."
"This meatloaf was easy to make and was tasty, but we found this meatloaf so greasy. Maybe using a meatloaf pan that removes the grease as it bakes would help, but this is one recipe that I can only make every so often as a treat."
"I make mine like this but I use Ragu instead of the chili sauce. And sometimes, for a little sweetness I'll use a mix of bread crumbs and corn meal. Awesome, recipe. Always looking for meatloaf recipes without ketchup in it."
"We loved this recipe. I added 1/2 cup bell pepper and 1/2 cup ketchup, substituted ground turkey for ground beef and seasoning salt for salt and omitted the cheese because I'm carb conscious. Will definitely make it again, layering the bacon crosswise instead of lengthwise."
"I LOVE meat loaf, this one is great!! Invest in a meat loaf pan ( 2 piece w/the tray where the meat loaf sits ) they are worth their weight in gold. No more meat loaf sitting in grease."