Bacon-Topped Grilled Cheese Recipe
This robust revision of an all-American lunch classic gets heartiness from bacon and extra flavor from onion, sour cream and oregano.—Nita Crosby, St. George, Utah
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. Place mozzarella cheese on four bread slices; layer each with a fourth of the tomato slices, two bacon strips, 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1 tablespoon onion, a pinch of oregano, one slice of cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- 2. Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC