- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Place mozzarella cheese on four bread slices; layer each with a fourth of the tomato slices, two bacon strips, 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1 tablespoon onion, a pinch of oregano, one slice of cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Topped Grilled Cheese
"Combined the sour cream, oregano, 1/4t dried basil and the onion together, used part skim shredded mozzarella instead of slices and thick cut bacon. Great sandwich!"
"My family loved this sandwich. It was such a great twist to just regular grilled cheese. We will definitely make this one again. I did not have sour cream so I had to use plain yogurt and it still turned out great."
"Awesome sandwich my son requested I make it again :) "
"This was my first time making a grilled cheese sandwich with sourdough bread - loved, loved, loved! I omitted the onions, but used everything else. I used Roma tomatoes - I prefer them in sandwiches as they have less juice & hold together well when sliced. The sour cream & oregano add a great flavor to this sandwich. Yum!"
"We love this sandwich...it is the best...goes great w/ fresh fruit. I make it just like it says!!"
"This sandwich is so awesome!! My family loves it. I like it with cilantro better than oregano, but I think you could use whatever herb you like and it would be great:)"
"This is my Husband and I's favorite meal! If you dip it in Tomatoe soup it gets even better!"