Bacon-Topped Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Place mozzarella cheese on four bread slices; layer each with a fourth of the tomato slices, two bacon strips, 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1 tablespoon onion, a pinch of oregano, one slice of cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Topped Grilled Cheese(6)
Sort By :
Awesome sandwich my son requested I make it again :)
This was my first time making a grilled cheese sandwich with sourdough bread - loved, loved, loved! I omitted the onions, but used everything else. I used Roma tomatoes - I prefer them in sandwiches as they have less juice & hold together well when sliced. The sour cream & oregano add a great flavor to this sandwich. Yum!
We love this sandwich...it is the best...goes great w/ fresh fruit. I make it just like it says!!
I used regular white bread instead of sourdough & I used garlic powder instead of oregano, also omitted the tomato & this is still a delicious sandwich! Very tasty! Next time i will try it with tomato.
This sandwich is so awesome!! My family loves it. I like it with cilantro better than oregano, but I think you could use whatever herb you like and it would be great:)