Bacon-Topped Chicken Breasts Recipe
Even people who aren't fond of spinach will become fans after they taste this dish, with its bacon and rich sauce.
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add spinach; cook for 2 minutes. Add soup, sour cream, paprika, salt and pepper; heat through. Spread in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange chicken on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve over noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 809 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Topped Chicken Breasts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC