Bacon-Topped Brussels Sprouts
I love brussels sprouts and used to grow them in our garden when my children were small. I created this recipe myself, but I'm always on the lookout for other new ways to prepare sprouts.
-Lynne Howard, Annandale, Virginia
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook brussels sprouts according to package directions; drain. Add
- butter, garlic salt, onion powder and oregano; toss. Place in a
- serving dish. Top with bacon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 137 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.