This creamy spread uses one of our favorite cuts of pork. It's really good with summer garden tomatoes and is a hit at picnics and other gatherings.—Patricia Staudt, Marble Rock, Iowa
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- Crackers or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, mustard and celery seed until blended. Stir in tomato and green pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings. Stir bacon into spread just before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Bacon Tomato Spread in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p44
Reviews for Bacon Tomato Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review