Bacon-Tomato Dip in a Bread Bowl Recipe
This tasty dip disappears whenever I serve it. I like that it is quick and can be made ahead. —Laura Mahaffey, Annapolis, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 round loaf (1/2 pound) unsliced sourdough bread
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the tomato, bacon, basil and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Cut a 1-1/2-in. thick slice off the top of bread; set aside. Carefully hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread into cubes. Fill bread shell with dip. Serve with bread cubes and crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 134 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC