Bacon Tomato Chowder Recipe
This soup recipe is so warm and inviting for any occasion, but most of all, I like to cook it for just my husband and me.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings.
- 2. In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat; stir in cream. Heat through (do not boil). Add bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 586 calories, 51g fat (27g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1453mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Bacon Tomato Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC