This soup recipe is so warm and inviting for any occasion, but most of all, I like to cook it for just my husband and me.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat; stir in cream. Heat through (do not boil). Add bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Tomato Chowder in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p66
Reviews for Bacon Tomato Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review