Bacon-Tomato Bagel Melts
My husband introduced me to this open-faced sandwich shortly after we got married, and it quickly became an all-time favorite. It's good made with plain or onion bagels. Have fun experimenting with various toppings and dressings, too.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 bagels, split and toasted
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Ranch salad dressing
- Place bagel halves cut side up on a baking sheet. Top each half with
- two tomato slices and two bacon strips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese begins to
- brown. Serve with ranch dressing. Yield: 4 sandwiches.