Bacon-Tomato Bagel Melts Recipe
My husband introduced me to this open-faced sandwich shortly after we got married, and it quickly became an all-time favorite. It's good made with plain or onion bagels. Have fun experimenting with various toppings and dressings, too.
- 2 bagels, split and toasted
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Ranch salad dressing
- 1. Place bagel halves cut side up on a baking sheet. Top each half with two tomato slices and two bacon strips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Serve with ranch dressing. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
Reviews for Bacon-Tomato Bagel Melts
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
"really good & super easy"
Reviewed May. 15, 2008
"I like this recipe, but as a suggestion try placing bagle and tomato under the broiler for 2 min. and then place bacon and cheese on to continue broiling. A slightly toasted tomato has a very nice, sweeter taste."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC