THIS RECIPE came from a cookbook compiled by the women of our church in my hometown of Chico, California. It's pretty and tasty. Best of all, it can be put together a couple of hours before serving. When it's time, a simple toss and it's ready. -Cathee Bethel, Philomath, Oregon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese, julienned
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. In a large salad bowl, layer a third of the greens and a third of the mayonnaise mixture, onion, peas and cheese. Repeat the layers twice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add the bacon and toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Swiss Tossed Salad in Reminisce January/February 1999, p45
Reviews for Bacon-Swiss Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review