Bacon-Swiss Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese, julienned
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. In a large salad bowl, layer a third of the greens and a third of the mayonnaise mixture, onion, peas and cheese. Repeat the layers twice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add the bacon and toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Swiss Tossed Salad(1)
Sort By :
Very tasty layered salad. However, to get the amount of dressing shown in the picture, you would have to double or triple the amount given in the recipe, whereas I think it is just right. Also the Swiss cheese, a variety I don't usually like, makes a good balance of flavor with the other ingredients and isn't too "cheesy". The peas don't really need to be thawed, as the chilling time will allow them to thaw before serving. Or you could use petite peas to ensure they defrost in time. Also, I used only 1/2 lb of bacon - you would have to be a bacon-a-holic to want a whole pound!