Bacon Swiss Squares
Not only does this savory breakfast pizza come together easily, but it's a cinch to double the ingredients when I'm hosting a large event. Biscuit mix makes it convenient, and the combination of eggs, bacon and Swiss cheese keeps guests coming back for more.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and water. Turn onto a
- floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in.
- Place on the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Arrange cheese over dough. Sprinkle with bacon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over bacon.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve immediately. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 256 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.