Bacon Swiss Squares Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and water. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
- Place on the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange cheese over dough. Sprinkle with bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over bacon.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Squares
Sort By :
"This was good, but could have used a little more flavor to spice it up. Next time, I may add some cayenne powder or green chilis to spice it up."
"I made this on Christmas. It was tasty but it was rather tough to reheat it the next day. I used cheddar cheese instead of swiss. It was very simple to make and with all the ingredients i have on hand usually."
"This recipe works equally well with cheddar and ham or any other combination of meat and cheese. Delicious!"