Bacon Swiss Squares Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and water. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
- Place on the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange cheese over dough. Sprinkle with bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over bacon.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Squares
Sort By :
This was good, but could have used a little more flavor to spice it up. Next time, I may add some cayenne powder or green chilis to spice it up.
I made this on Christmas. It was tasty but it was rather tough to reheat it the next day. I used cheddar cheese instead of swiss. It was very simple to make and with all the ingredients i have on hand usually.
This recipe works equally well with cheddar and ham or any other combination of meat and cheese. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >