Not only does this savory breakfast pizza come together easily, but it's also a cinch to double the ingredients when I'm hosting a large event. Biscuit mix makes it convenient, and the combination of eggs, bacon and Swiss cheese keeps guests coming back for more. —Agarita Vaughan, Fairbury, Illinois
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and water. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
- Place on the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange cheese over dough. Sprinkle with bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over bacon.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Swiss Squares in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p29
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review