Bacon Swiss Romaine Salad Recipe
This yummy salad features Swiss cheese, crispy bacon and crunchy cashews with a swift, from-scratch dressing. “I’m frequently asked for the recipe when I share this salad at get togethers,” Heather Koetsier relates from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, bacon and cashews. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 268 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Romaine Salad
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2012
"This was delicious; so simple but so good."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC