Bacon Swiss Romaine Salad Recipe
This yummy salad features Swiss cheese, crispy bacon and crunchy cashews with a swift, from-scratch dressing. “I’m frequently asked for the recipe when I share this salad at get togethers,” Heather Koetsier relates from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, bacon and cashews. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 268 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC