Bacon Swiss Romaine Salad Recipe
This yummy salad features Swiss cheese, crispy bacon and crunchy cashews with a swift, from-scratch dressing. “I’m frequently asked for the recipe when I share this salad at get togethers,” Heather Koetsier relates from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, bacon and cashews. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Swiss Tossed Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p21
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Romaine Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review