Light and fluffy, this scrumptious quiche is ideal for breakfast or brunch but can also be served at dinnertime. Serve with a clump of chilled grapes or other fresh fruit on the side. —Colleen Belbey, Warwick, Rhode Island
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Set aside. In a small skillet, saute green onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream and juice. Stir in bacon, salt, pepper and green onions. Pour into pastry; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Securely wrap individual portions of cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Quiche in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p45
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review