- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Set aside. In a small skillet, saute green onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream and juice. Stir in bacon, salt, pepper and green onions. Pour into pastry; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Securely wrap individual portions of cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Quiche
Sort By :
"I love bacon and I thought this was a good dish for breakfast-for-dinner."
"This morning I made this quiche - First time ever making a quiche (and eating one too!)...it was delish! Both my husband and I ate until we couldn't eat any more :) I can't wait to try others!"
"Have to make this... by the way to the comment below... who the heck ever says "too much bacon?!?!?!" there's never too much bacon!"
"Excellent recipe..I omitted the onions a s lightened it up a bit wwith half milk half cream."
"Pretty good, though I thought it had a bit too much bacon"