- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder and salt. Add pork chops to same pan; cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Top pork with bacon mixture and cheese. Cook, covered, on low heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Swiss Pork Chops
Sort By :
"This was so good. If I could I would give it more than 5 stars. My husband who is Mr. Fuzzy loved this. This is a keeper, will make it again and again. And it's so easy to do."
"This recipe is fast and delicious! Family enjoyed it for a quick weeknight dinner. Would be good over boneless chicken too."
"This recipe couldn't be any quicker or easier to fix, as well as very good!! I had portobello mushrooms on hand so I sliced them and added to bacon and onion mixture."
"I added chopped bell pepper and jalepeno and cheese sausage, it was easy and very tasty."