Bacon-Swiss Pork Chops
I'm always looking for quick and easy recipes that are impressive enough to serve company. This bacon- and Swiss cheese-covered pork chop certainly fits the bill. —Keith Miller, Fort Gratiot, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bacon and onion
- over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove
- with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder and salt. Add pork chops to
- same pan; cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Top pork with bacon mixture and cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 218 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.