I'm always looking for quick and easy recipes that are impressive enough to serve company. This bacon- and Swiss cheese-covered pork chop certainly fits the bill. —Keith Miller, Fort Gratiot, Michigan
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels; discard drippings.
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder and salt. Add pork chops to same pan; cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Top pork with bacon mixture and cheese. Cook, covered, on low heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Swiss Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p18
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Swiss Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review