- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels; discard drippings.
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder and salt. Add pork chops to same pan; cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Top pork with bacon mixture and cheese. Cook, covered, on low heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Swiss Pork Chops
"The swiss cheese with the pork is a great combo! Really enjoyed this. Mine ended up being a little tougher than I'd like, so next time I'll just be more careful when cooking."
"I thought this was pretty delicious and I'm not much of a pork chop fan!"
"Will make this again! quick, easy, yummy!"
"A definite make again! Hubby who is very picky loved it:)"
"Easy to make. Very Delicious! All that needs to be said. When it's good, it's good!"
"This was so good. If I could I would give it more than 5 stars. My husband who is Mr. Fuzzy loved this. This is a keeper, will make it again and again. And it's so easy to do."
"This recipe couldn't be any quicker or easier to fix, as well as very good!! I had portobello mushrooms on hand so I sliced them and added to bacon and onion mixture."
"I added chopped bell pepper and jalepeno and cheese sausage, it was easy and very tasty."