Bacon-Swiss Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder and salt. Add pork chops to same pan; cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Top pork with bacon mixture and cheese. Cook, covered, on low 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Swiss Pork Chops(5)
Sort By :
I added chopped bell pepper and jalepeno and cheese sausage, it was easy and very tasty.
I made this tonight for my family because I needed something quick and they LOVED it !!! It's quick and easy but looks very elegant will definitely make again but next time I want to add mushrooms Thank you again for another winner!
I agree they would be okay to serve to company, they look elegant. I made it just the way the recipe said, however was concerned about the cooking time being 3-4 min. Each side with it being pork. I had thick chops so cooked them to 145 degrees but it took about 30 min. Also the juice in pan kept them from browning, so removed some juice to be able to brown them. Then returned juice to pan. All in all we enjoyed them, and they stayed moist.
This recipe looks really good, but after reading the only review, I decided to jazz it up a little. Because of my kids' likes and dislikes, I cooked the bacon separately, then I cooked the onion with a chopped red pepper, and (also separately) I stir-fried mushrooms in olive oil. I let everyone choose toppings, along with their choice of Swiss, Provolone or Mozzarella cheese, and everyone was happy.
The Swiss did not add anything. We just did not care for them.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Diabetic Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pork Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Simple Recipes >
- View All Simple Recipes >