- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder and salt. Add pork chops to same pan; cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Top pork with bacon mixture and cheese. Cook, covered, on low heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Swiss Pork Chops
Sort By :
"This recipe couldn't be any quicker or easier to fix, as well as very good!! I had portobello mushrooms on hand so I sliced them and added to bacon and onion mixture."
"I added chopped bell pepper and jalepeno and cheese sausage, it was easy and very tasty."
"I made this tonight for my family because I needed something quick and they LOVED it !!! It's quick and easy but looks very elegant will definitely make again but next time I want to add mushrooms Thank you again for another winner!"
"I agree they would be okay to serve to company, they look elegant. I made it just the way the recipe said, however was concerned about the cooking time being 3-4 min. Each side with it being pork. I had thick chops so cooked them to 145 degrees but it took about 30 min. Also the juice in pan kept them from browning, so removed some juice to be able to brown them. Then returned juice to pan. All in all we enjoyed them, and they stayed moist."