Bacon Swiss Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon (about 12 bacon strips), divided
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 1 cup Swiss cheese, 3/4 cup bacon, bread crumbs, garlic powder and onion powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Meat Loaf
"I used what i had on hand at the time, (half n half for the evaporated milk, and Chedder for the Swiss). It came out just fine and my family loved it. I will be keeping this one hand for a easy dinner Kay Matson"
"Honestly, at first when I saw this recipe I thought, who makes meatloaf w/ swiss cheese? But my husband thought the idea was great & asked if I would make it. I followed the recipe exactly and when we had family over, served it up. There wasn't a word spoken while eating & there wasn't a drop left. The meatloaf is delicious and the recipe is a total keeper. Thanks so much for submitting this Kimberly!"
"I have made this several times and this is the only way my husband will eat meatloaf. I enjoy it myself, however I rarely have swiss cheese on hand and rarely buy it, so I will sometimes substitute it with mozzarella cheese. Since it's just my husband and I eating, I will make smaller loaves and freeze the rest. This also cuts the bake time in half."
"I've made this a couple times but I used cheddar cheese instead of swiss. This is a keeper!"
"None of my family are big meat loaf lovers, but this recipe they all loved."
"Yummmm. I increased the meat to 2 lbs, but spread it out rather than form a loaf in the pan, so the cooking time was the same. It was just the right size for three adults and three children."
"Very good, but a little pricey with all that bacon."
"Really good! Next time I think I'll substitute oatmeal for the bread crumbs. We love the taste of oatmeal in meatloaf."
"oh my goodness out of this world"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.