Bacon Swiss Meat Loaf Recipe
This recipe is quick because I already have packages of cooked bacon and shredded cheese in my freezer. I just defrost them and add them to the ground beef mixture.—Kimberly Lund, Park City, Kansas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 12 bacon strips), divided
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 1 cup Swiss cheese, 3/4 cup bacon, bread crumbs, garlic powder and onion powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC