Bacon Swiss Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 12 bacon strips), divided
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 1 cup Swiss cheese, 3/4 cup bacon, bread crumbs, garlic powder and onion powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Meat Loaf(7)
Sort By :
I have made this several times and this is the only way my husband will eat meatloaf. I enjoy it myself, however I rarely have swiss cheese on hand and rarely buy it, so I will sometimes substitute it with mozzarella cheese. Since it's just my husband and I eating, I will make smaller loaves and freeze the rest. This also cuts the bake time in half.
I've made this a couple times but I used cheddar cheese instead of swiss. This is a keeper!
None of my family are big meat loaf lovers, but this recipe they all loved.
Yummmm. I increased the meat to 2 lbs, but spread it out rather than form a loaf in the pan, so the cooking time was the same. It was just the right size for three adults and three children.
Very good, but a little pricey with all that bacon.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >