Bacon Swiss Burgers Recipe
- 1 teaspoon chopped jarred jalapeno pepper
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 sourdough rolls, split
- Tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the jalapeno pepper, bacon, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Top with cheese. Spread mayonnaise on rolls. Serve hamburgers on rolls with tomato slices if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 409 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.