Bacon Swiss Burgers
I came up with this when we wanted something other than regular hamburgers.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon chopped jarred jalapeno pepper
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 sourdough rolls, split
- Tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the jalapeno pepper, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6
- minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and
- meat is no longer pink. Top with cheese. Spread mayonnaise on rolls.
- Serve hamburgers on rolls with tomato slices if desired. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 409 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a