I'm a busy PTA and pom-pom mom, so I'm always looking for fast and easy recipes. These savory slices of jazzed-up French bread are great with soup and salad. My 16-year-old daughter and her friends like to snack on them instead of pizza. -Shirley Mills, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread (20 inches)
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 5 slices process Swiss cheese
- 5 bacon strips
- Cut bread into 1-in.-thick slices, leaving slices attached at bottom. In a bowl, combine the butter, onions and mustard; spread on both sides of each slice of bread. Cut each cheese slice diagonally into four triangles; place between the slices of bread. Cut bacon in half widthwise and then lengthwise; drape a piece over each slice.
- Place the loaf on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Swiss Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p27
Reviews for Bacon Swiss Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review